What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The One Percenters by John Podgursky

The One PercentersThe One Percenters by John Podgursky

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Purchase The One Percenters here.

I found myself very conflicted when reading this novel. The concept really intrigued me and kept me moving forward but I found my mind wandering off to other things instead of staying focused on the book. I don't blame this wholly on the book, but the formatting was so bad that I found it rather distracting. Of course, the formatting was only an issue with the ebook version, not necessarily the print copy.

While the book is gripping from page one, it slows down drastically very soon into it. It's almost like telling the simple life of a simple man, not much exciting or entertaining happens except for brief moments here and there. It took a long time of reading to start to really figure out what was going on. It was obvious that the MC was telling his story but not to who or why, for that matter. There are so many details that seemed unnecessary, even pointless, yet were thrown in almost as filler.

One thing I will say, Podgursky has a very vivid imagination and can paint a picture with the best of them. I just didn't enjoy this particular novel as much as I had hoped I would. I'll keep my fingers crossed that there is another book of his for me to read and enjoy in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment