What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Cloud Roads (Books of the Raksura, #1) by Martha Wells

The Cloud Roads (Books of the Raksura, #1)The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A big thanks to Jacqueline Carey for suggesting this one to me! I can't give this one 5 stars, as it wasn't quite a novel that I couldn't put down but it was a great read and definitely worth checking out!

The creation of her characters was very well thought out. Each race (and the combination of lifestyles (ability to transform from a 'normal person' to a flyer) really drew me in. Wells' writing style was simplistic, yet not too much so to where I would get bored easily with it. The farther I got into the book, the more I wanted to read it to find out what was going to happen.

The colors and descriptions really helped to visualize the worlds she was creating, three worlds, to be exact. Not much was mentioned of two of the worlds, though I'm sure they will come into play in future novels. More than anything, I want to find out more about the floating islands. I am looking forward to reading the second book in the series.

 © Courtney Conant, 2010-12. All Rights Reserved.
The Mind Entangled The Blood Moon of Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment