What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Atlas ShruggedAtlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've read a lot from Ayn Rand and am quite the fan. This is by far the best piece of her work. Her writing style stands the test of time while her subject matter is slowly coming to pass. I had never heard of Objectivism until I came across her work. I found that the more I read, the more I could associate my own thoughts and opinions with hers. She really knows what she is talking about and how to suck you into her world.

For such a long story, it is hard to put it down and I never became bored with what I was reading. I was able to immerse myself into her world. Her characters are believable and full of such depth that is hard to find in many novels written today. As a writer myself, I find I am inspired to improve on my characters and writing style each time I go back and read this novel.

I strongly recommend the audio book for those that do not have the time to read the book. It is approximately 52 hours of audio and worth every second. Atlas Shrugged is truly one of the greatest books ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment