What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Divine Comedy: Purgatory by Dante Alighieri

The Divine Comedy: Purgatory The Divine Comedy: Purgatory by Dante Alighieri
Dorothy L. Sayers (Translator)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is truly an epic tale.

I decided that I wanted to start 2009 out right, reading as much as I could. I'm not sure what made me choose this book, but I'm glad that I did. I awoke New Years day and grabbed it from the shelf. And, to say the least, I couldn't put it down until I was done.

The tale flows so beautifully, as it follows Dante through each layer of Purgatory. The imagery is amazing, leading the reader to easily envision each step of Dante's journey. The trials and tribulations of a living being traveling through such a place are innumerable. Dante meets so many people (or former people, as the case may be) along the way, several that he knew in the world above.

It is an intriguing tale that I would recommend to any and all that are looking for a true literary masterpiece. If you need an escape, escape through Purgatory...


No comments:

Post a Comment