What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I fell in love with this book, long before I ever read it. A friend was reading it and each day she would come to work and tell me what she had read the night before. She told me the tale, bit by bit, as she made her way through the book. I never knew the name of the book, nor the author, as I always forgot to ask. It wasn't until years later that I picked up the book and started reading it on my own, only to find out that I knew what it was.

There are so many characters, leading such different lives, yet all intertwine in such an amazing way. Martin writes beautifully and the story unfolds smoothly, as he introduces each person. The description makes it easy to picture the world that he created. It is a novel that keeps the reader turning the pages and always wanting to know what will happen next.

I've read the book several times as well as listened to the audiobook. I will continue to do so over the years as this series will never get old to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment