What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hitchhiker's Guide - The Finale!

Mostly Harmless (Hitchhiker's Guide, #5)Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not as good as I would have hoped but I still enjoyed it.  It took me quite some time to get through this last bit of the Hitchhiker's Guide series. It bounced around so much and there seemed to be a great deal of things missing. Characters began disappearing and reappearing at random. I found it quite hard to follow, though still gave it 3 stars because I loved the fact that it did come to some sort of close in the end.

Douglas Adams is one hell of an author that knows how to draw his readers in and keep them going until the end. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of this book, I still couldn't stop making my way through it. That, in and of itself, is a sign of a very talented writer.
On a sidenote, I'm not sure if I agree with the title but I guess I don't really have to. The truth of the matter is this; the Earth IS mostly harmless, though I don't think its occupants are...

 

© Courtney Conant, 2010-12. All Rights Reserved.
 The Mind Entangled The Blood Moon of Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment