What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Is Being Self-Published and Indie the Same?

This is definitely a 'hot topic', so to speak. I think everyone has their views/opinions on it.

Mine? I'm an indie author. I published my own novel, by choice. I had a lot of interest in my book but was told that it was too short for the genre to be published via the traditional route. Everyone wanted me to change it to make it longer but that would affect the integrity of my story so I chose to do my own thing instead.

Should this make me less of an author, by the writing world standards? Being self-published makes me MORE independant because I had to do everything myself. I had to find my own editors, artists, photographers, etc... I also do my own marketing so it takes a lot of work to be self-published.

Don't judge an author by the type of publishing they choose. Judge them by their work!

Tell me what you think!

On a side note... I just did an image search on Google to find a picture to go with this post and found a picture of myself instead! I guess that means my image is at least getting out there and being associated with the indie movement.

ALSO: Don't forget to sign up for the giveaway of Saints Astray by Jacqueline Carey! You have until the 22nd at midnight to enter.

 
© Courtney Conant, 2010-11. All Rights Reserved.
 The Mind Entangled The Blood Moon of Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment