What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Finding Time to Write

Yesterday I had a hard time focusing on my writing so I pulled out an old trick, Write or Die : Dr Wicked's Writing Lab. I set my time for 30 minutes and, in between phone calls and people chatting me up, I was able to get another 600 words done. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but if you think about it, at a pace like that, it should only take about 3 months to write a full length novel. I'm only going for bits and pieces here so it works great!

Since I have a hard time finding an open computer in a quiet corner during lunch time, I broke down and bought the program, tossed it on my laptop and plan on sneaking away and hiding/writing on my lunch until the last bits of the revamp are complete.

I need the extra motivation right now to help me get the words on the page. Also, I figure by having the actual program instead of the online version, it will help to keep me away from the net in general while writing. It also helps that my netbook won't have internet access...

My plan is to try and update daily, my progress. I'll try but make no guarantees. (I know, kind of lame...) It is difficult to squeeze in blogging time between multiple jobs, writing and craziness all around. If I don't update the same day, I promise to do it the next though. Stick with me folks and I'll get you the promised revised novel, part two of the short story series AND book two!!


Don't give up on me yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment