What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Watchman of Ephraim by Gerard de Marigny

As the 10th anniversary draws near, all are reminded of 9/11 and the tragedy that occurred on that fateful day. It is important to remember all that happened that day and all that has happened since. To help with this, here is my latest review of a novel that is centered around that day and the time that followed...

The Watchman of EphraimThe Watchman of Ephraim by Gerard de Marigny
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The concept of this novel drew me in right away. What American in their right mind wouldn't be interested in a book that touches so close to home and heart at a time like this? The author really hits home in this tale following de Niro with his personal loss, search for self, and need to do right.

There is much sadness in the book and it reminds the reader of what many went through that day and the loss they still feel to this day. The action and adventure in the novel draw the reader in, a real page turner.

The book does contain much in the way of religion and Christian values. I, being agnostic, was able to look past the religion and take in the story for what it was, a worthwhile read. I enjoyed the story and believe that most will. It will make you angry, sad, but most of all... it will make you flip to the next page to see what happens next!

de Marigny did an amazing job and I applaud him for his hard work and determination. Keep up the great writing and I look forward to more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment