What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Socks for Japan - Update (yes, another one...)

For those that have been following my blog for awhile now, you will know about Socks for Japan and the effort I put forth in collecting socks for donations. I ended up collecting hundreds of pairs, as well as kids futons and jackets. Shipping out those boxes made me so happy, knowing that the items would be going to such good use. I knew that the items had arrived because I tracked them but I had not heard from the organization in regards to the next steps in the process. I was beginning to think that I might not hear from them and just let it go. I wasn't so worried about hearing from them. I was just glad to know everything arrived, as it should. When I woke up this morning and found a nice little email in my inbox, it brought back all the happy memories that the initial collecting process had given me. So without further ado, here is the email...
Subject: Socks received!
Date: Tue Sep 20 00:32:31 MST 2011
From: Jason Kelly <jason@jasonkelly.com>
To: cc@courtneyconant.com


Dear Courtney-san,

We know this is late, but figured it's better late than never to tell you...

We received your package! It was months ago, so we already sorted your socks and will distribute them when we resume disaster-zone operations in the coming weeks. Watch our pages for photos and updates:
http://socksforjapan.com
http://www.facebook.com/socksforjapan

and join our email list to stay informed as we hear back from survivors and others:http://socksforjapan.com/list

and eventually add your own correspondence from survivors, if you receive any:http://socksforjapan.com/lettersfromsurvivors

Thank you so much!

In solidarity for Japan,
Jason

So I would like to send a big THANK YOU to Jason for not only starting the whole process but for also getting back to me and letting me know that everything arrived safe and sound. I just hope that it all goes to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment