What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Gunslinger by Stephen King

The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1)The Gunslinger by Stephen King

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've read this book many times and will never get tired of it. This was my first time listening to the audiobook though and it was almost better than reading it on my own. Actually hearing the demands of this destitute world being placed upon Roland's shoulders was quite intense.

King did an amazing job in creating this world. Most novels/series that go back and forth between our world and the created world focus mainly on the here and now. King focuses on his world and brings in aspects of ours. It's refreshing to see things switched up a bit.

If you don't know me, I should probably tell you now that Stephen King has and always will be my favorite author. The first novel I ever read was The Stand when I was seven and haven't looked back since. It's intriguing how that book actually ties into this series and so many other books of his.

And with that, I'd like to say 'thankee sai' for writing your books for so many years and keeping me entertained!

Also, if you really enjoy Stephen King's work and really liked this book too, check out the graphic novels. They are quite impressive...

No comments:

Post a Comment