What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1)The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I tried reading this book a few years back and just couldn't get into it. I don't know if it had something to do with the style or what, but I just didn't enjoy it. Well, a few weeks ago I found it as an audiobook, not only that, but it was read by Douglas Adams himself! I figured I would give it another shot and am so glad that I did...

All I can say is that if you ever have a chance to listen to an audiobook that is narrated by the actual author, do it! It's the only way to get the true feel of the emotions the author meant the words to have. Listening to this book, with Adams reading it to me, made me laugh and really enjoy myself. I found myself grinning, shaking my head, and actually laughing out loud (which I don't recommend you do while sitting at your desk at work. It causes strange looks to be directed at you) at times!

Adams has a great imagination as well as an unending sense of humor that keeps the reader very interested. What I found even more interesting is the fact that the description he gives of the actual 'Hitchhiker's Guide' sounds very similar to the Kindle that is sitting next to me right now... Adams created a whole new universe and populated it with such races that would make a 5-legged stripper from Mars turn her head...
There's only one thing left to ask... Do you know where your towel is?



No comments:

Post a Comment