What I'm Currently Reading...

Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1)Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
I started reading these books when I was a kid but never really got into them. Time to give them another shot!



Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Good Bowl of Ramen by Samuel A Mayo

A Good Bowl of RamenA Good Bowl of Ramen by Samuel A Mayo

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Find A Good Bowl of Ramen here. (this is a free short)

I came across this short story while searching around on Smashwords for something to read. I'm so glad that I saw this. The name is what drew me to it, forcing me to download it and add it to my collection!

What an interesting piece! This was such an unusual tale told in first person, present tense. This story will draw you in, making you want to know what happens next, by the the strangeness of it all.

It's almost a post-apocalyptic tale, a psuedo-steampunk world set in (what I believe to be) Japan. I found myself engrossed in the way this was written, almost as if I was there watching over the MC's shoulder, since it was told as if everything were happening at that very moment. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that likes a short yet suspenseful distraction from everyday life.

And who doesn't love a good bowl of ramen?

No comments:

Post a Comment